Head of Product – ML Labs
Location: London(UK Remote)
Department: Data Science
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
The role of “Head of Product” will have the responsibility to lead the Tide ML Labs in terms of vision and strategy and effectiveness, focusing on building the ML platform that will help Tide to define ML Use-Case that can be plugged in the product or automate office operation to scale the business. The purpose of the ML labs team is to create innovation within Tide by identifying, refining and verifying ML opportunities within Tide. The purpose is not to continuously operate ML models or to refine an idea to the fullest potential, but only work through the first 3-6 months of a project with the intention of verifying whether it’s worth it to set up a dedicated team.
As a Head of Product you’ll be:
- Oversee the strategy and planning for the entire product lifecycle including gathering and prioritising product requirements and defining the ML use cases that can support the product and company vision.
- Build relationships across Tide engineering teams and our data centre operations organisation to understand and represent their needs into product designs, identify problem areas within the business across all of automation, personalization, and risk management.
- Partner with Tide Product Marketing to develop comprehensive use -cases that can leverage customer data to improve product KPI, and fix pain points of customers or pain points of Tide operation.
- Develop a quarterly product roadmap that pushes the boundaries of what's possible today with machine learning and data science solving for the needs of Tide. Define business cases, discuss the roadmap with the committee of CEO, CTO and VP of data to define what are the valuable use-case to invest.
- Leverage her expertise to identify design solutions and define KPI and deliver ML POC with DS and DE.
- Leverage market and competitive research in the area of machine learning, track industry developments to deepen the collective understanding and identify opportunities for innovation.
What makes you a great fit:
- Having 8-10 years of experience in leadership roles and expertise in owning the entire product lifecycle
- A background in Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning
- Experience working for a company that has scaled successfully through rapid growth
- Experience on managing cross-functional teams located in different countries
- Excellent people management skills
- Understand the development and implementation of large-scale, complex applications
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.