Head of Product, Open Banking
You’ll be a Payments expert who has seen and worked with various aspects of how people do Payments. You can demonstrate fundamental knowledge of OpenBanking in the UK/EU and have ideally helped teams implementing AIS/PIS solutions. You’ll also have the seniority and experience to build a team. A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s product team. Working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve a very unique product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and independently defining the strategy and product vision for Tide’s OpenBanking internal platform
- Owning of the operational and commercial relationships with service providers and software partners
- Creating a team who has responsibility for managing service providers on the platform
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
- Managing the internal stakeholders and their requirements along with your vision for the product
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You understand OpenBanking very well with all opportunities and challenges.
- You have delivered products which use OpenBanking technologies
- You have shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before, Head of Product or similar.
- You know payments platform businesses and have proven experience of operating, managing, defining risk and governance of payment products within a B2B environment
- You’re organised, pragmatic and capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
- You have Experience with dealing multiple vendors inclusive of RFP’s, budget planning/negotiations, quality monitoring and escalation management
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.