Head of Risk and Compliance – India
Hyderabad - Remote
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
Department: Risk & Compliance
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK, and we’re quickly expanding into India. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a senior manager with experience across all types of risk and compliance, but with particular expertise in financial crime risk and information security risk. This is a highly collaborative role; you’ll work daily with key Risk & Compliance stakeholders like the Head of Quality Control, CISO, Director of Financial Crime, as well as senior management within the India business and globally, banking partners, regulators and auditors. You’ll need to be comfortable making decisions, navigating ambiguity, and able to both provide strategic guidance and dive into the details when required.
As the Head of Risk & Compliance India you’ll be:
- Overseeing Risk & Compliance as 2LOD for the India business
- Collaborating with our PPI and banking partners to build out our framework, policies and operating model, applying our global model and principles to the India business
- Managing the ongoing governance, including oversight and reporting, with the banking partners
- Embedding our 3LOD model, building on our risk and compliance framework, and adapting it for India where necessary, complementary to our principles and culture
- Supporting the SVP Risk and Compliance and Senior Management team in the implementation of risk and compliance matters in India
- Managing the relevant areas of the Risk and Compliance department (key risk classes are Compliance and Financial Crime), from recruitment to providing leadership, development and supervising the team
- Maintaining regulatory standards (including reporting obligations) and being the Tide point of contact with RBI
- Developing and maintaining risk assessments and a continuous and robust risk management framework
- Identifying emerging business risks and work with the business to manage or mitigate them
- Being a member of our India and Global Risk and Compliance Committees
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators to determine elevations in risk, and proactively implement risk mitigation measures
- Identifying key risk and compliance training needs, and the co-ordination of staff training delivery and record-keeping across the India business
- Managing the successful delivery of compliance projects, ensuring technical excellence across all business operations
- Managing investigations related to breaches or errors within compliance
- Keeping up to date with sector knowledge by attending training events and other events that will keep your knowledge sharp. Representing Tide and building our reputation in the Risk & Compliance space within India. Ensuring the broader Risk & Compliance management team is aware of industry trends and developments.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have 12+ years of working experience into risk & compliance
- Experience as a senior manager / director, or holding a regulator approved role, in a bank or licensed FinTech
- Proven experience in a leadership function and you’re comfortable making decisions at pace
- Strong expertise and practical experience in Financial Crime especially fraud prevention, in a digital payments environment in India. Having this experience with MSME focused as well as consumer focussed businesses is a plus.
- Deep familiarity with India regulatory environment (especially PPI, account aggregation, Banking- especially BaaS) and how to apply that in a risk-based approach to a new but growing business
- Passion for risk management, building the right culture, and ensuring collaboration with the Global Risk and Compliance team
- Previous experience in managing and effectively utilising a budget/P&L
- Professional qualification in a compliance or risk management discipline (preferable)
- A team player that not only oversees but actively works with and assists the 1st line of defence functions
- High ownership mindset with deep understanding of execution
- Ability to challenge a variety of stakeholders effectively, including senior management, regulators, PPI banking partners
- Ability to drive risk & compliance agenda with diverse set of internal & external stakeholders
- Balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, escalating where necessary. Things are busy at Tide – if you embrace a fast pace, this is for you!
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- We invest in your development with individual L&D
- Flexible working options
- Share Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.