Head of Risk & Compliance
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
Department: Risk and Compliance
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As the Head of Risk & Compliance – Europe at Tide you will be responsible for building and running our Risk & Compliance function in our European markets. Reporting to the SVP Risk and Compliance in London, you will be the lead for all matters risk and compliance in Europe, including working with our banking partners on building our risk and compliance framework, embedding our risk management framework, culture and global policies, creating Europe-specific policies and risk assessments to ensure we’re applying a risk-based approach to our risks.
This is a really exciting opportunity to be part of building our European Risk & Compliance function, and then running it as we scale. You’ll work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders including our 2LOD Risk Leads (eg CISO, Director of Financial Crime, Head of Compliance etc) to roll out our global model, the SVP Risk & Compliance, stakeholders across Tide including our CEO and senior management, and external stakeholders such as banking partners and regulators. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to make an impact at Tide. This is a strategic role, but you’ll also be required to get stuck into the details, especially at the beginning and while we build.
As the Head of Risk and Compliance for Europe you’ll be:
- Collaborating with our banking partners to build out our framework, policies and operating model, and then managing their oversight and reporting
- Embedding our 3LOD model, building on our risk and compliance framework, and adapting it for Europe where necessary, complementary to our principles and culture
- Taking overall responsibility for the advice, management and development of risk and compliance systems in Europe
- Supporting the SVP Risk and Compliance and Senior Management team in the implementation of risk and compliance matters in Europe
- Managing the relevant areas of the Risk and Compliance department, from recruitment to providing leadership, development and supervising the team
- Working with the SVP Risk & Compliance, Head of Compliance, and Legal team on our licensing strategy and application. Maintaining regulatory standards (including reporting obligations) and be the Tide point of contact for all regulatory bodies within Europe
- Developing and maintaining risk assessments and a continuous and robust risk management framework
- Identifying emerging business risks and work with the business to manage or mitigate them
- Forming and running the Risk and Compliance Committee in Europe, feeding the output into the Global Risk and Compliance Committee
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators to determine elevations in risk, and proactively implement risk mitigation measures
- Identifying key risk and compliance training needs, and the co-ordination of staff training delivery and record-keeping across the European business
- Managing the successful delivery of compliance projects, ensuring technical excellence across all business operations
- Managing investigations related to breaches or errors within compliance
- Keeping up to date with sector knowledge by attending training events and other events that will keep your knowledge sharp. Representing Tide and building our reputation in the Risk & Compliance space within Europe. Ensuring the broader Risk & Compliance management team are aware of industry trends and developments.
What makes you a great fit:
- Previous experience as a director, or holding a regulator approved role, in a bank or EMI
- Proven experience in a leadership function and you’re comfortable making decisions at pace
- Unrivalled knowledge of the European regulatory environment and how to apply that in a risk-based approach to a new but growing business
- Passion for risk management, building the right culture, and ensuring collaboration with the Global Risk and Compliance team
- Previous experience in managing and effectively utilising a budget/P&L
- Professional qualification in a compliance or risk management discipline (would be preferred if you have)
- An ability to challenge a variety of stakeholders effectively, including senior management, regulators, banking partners
- You have an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, escalating where necessary. Things are busy at Tide – if you embrace a fast pace, this is for you!
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- We invest in your development with a £1000 professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.