Head of Transaction Monitoring
Department: Member Support
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Head of Transaction Monitoring will lead the team as the first line of defence; responsible for monitoring our members and identifying any suspicious activity for escalation to the second line of defence Financial Crime team. You will collaborate with our 2LOD Financial Crime team to understand trends, themes and typologies and ensure we are managing those risks in the first line of defence.
You will be responsible for the team conducting ongoing monitoring of our members. The Transaction Monitoring team covers transaction monitoring, card payments, ongoing PEP and sanction screening of members, sanction screening of payments, and ongoing reviews of our highest risk members including PEPs.
At Tide we are passionate about fighting financial crime, and we are looking for our next manager within Financial Crime Risk to share our passion, whilst also believing in our values; data driven, one team and member first.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Product and Data team to constantly improve and evolve our systems, for example refining the transaction monitoring rules to reduce false positives and catch more fraud
- Ensuring we deliver the highest level of service to our members, whilst balancing this with managing our financial crime risk. This involves implementing and maintaining SLAs
- Managing the team of awesome analysts and team leaders across multiple countries, including being responsible for their development and working with the Financial Crime trainer to ensure they have ongoing training and maintain a high level of quality
- Managing and oversee individual and team KPIs and OKRs
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the team.
- Evaluating and where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous financial crime standards, whilst building efficiency where possible
- Working with Product Owners to build automation and system improvements.
- Working closely with our MLRO and second line of defense Financial Crime team to ensure we meet policies and regulatory requirements.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management
- You have a proven Financial Crime management experience that can scale teams across multiple countries
- You have prior experience in business banking, ideally a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime with great knowledge of financial crime risks, whilst delivering a high level of service to our members
- You are highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- You have tech and automation mindset
- You drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, and dealing with multiple senior stakeholders
- You are a multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- You are able to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.