Head of Transaction Monitoring
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As Head of Transaction Monitoring, you will be leading the first line of defence team responsible for transaction monitoring, screening and ongoing activity reviews of our customers (‘Members’) for financial crime prevention.
Reporting to the VP of Member Operations UK/Europe, you will be in charge of the strategy for monitoring member activity, particularly as we expand out of the UK and into Germany & France. You will work closely with a dedicated product and data teams to build best-in-class real-time monitoring systems and ensure we identify and deal with suspicious activity, whilst also providing great levels of service to our members. A significant challenge!
You will also work closely with our second line of defence (risk and compliance) team, who will provide oversight and assistance with managing AML and other fraud risks.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about fighting financial crime, team leadership, and using technology and data to constantly improve processes and service. We are planning to grow our first line of defence teams and this position will suit a proven operational leader who is hungry to take on more responsibility.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Product and Data teams to constantly improve and evolve our systems, for example refining the transaction monitoring rules to reduce false positives and catch more suspicious activity.
- Ensuring we deliver the highest level of service to our members, whilst balancing this with managing our financial crime risk. This involves implementing and maintaining both member-focussed and financial crime related SLAs.
- Managing teams of awesome analysts and team leaders across multiple countries, including being responsible for their development and working with the Financial Crime trainer to ensure they have ongoing training and maintain a high level of quality
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs and OKRs
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuously sharing knowledge with the team.
- Evaluating and constantly improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous financial crime standards, whilst looking for operational gains and increasing efficiency.
- Working closely with our MLRO & DMLRO, first line of defence KYC team, and second line of defence Financial Crime team to ensure we meet policies and regulatory requirements.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management.
- You have a proven team leadership and management experience that can scale teams across multiple countries.
- You have prior experience in business banking in an FCA regulated environment; experience at a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution is definitely a bonus!
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime with great knowledge of financial crime risks
- You are highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning
- You have a tech and automation mindset
- You drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, and managing multiple senior stakeholders
- You are a multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- You are able to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.