Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance
Department: Legal and Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
About the role
As Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
Tide is seeking a Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance to join our fast-growing Finance team, in our London HQ. The role will report to the CFO and be responsible for managing the strategic long term funding plan as well as operational liquidity & capital management. The role will require partnering with multiple areas of the business, not just the Finance function but also product verticals, in particular our Payments and Credit teams.
This is a global role supporting Tide’s existing operations in London, Sofia and Hyderabad.
You will partner with the CFO to help lead equity and debt fundraising efforts help to maintain relationships with both existing and new investors.
At a tactical level you will oversee all treasury movements managing settlements and daily cash flow position. This will require you to work closely with our product and operational teams to ensure a robust framework for cash flow management.
Additionally the role will work closely with the risk and compliance function to maintain a full set of policies and procedures that ensure an adequate level of control over treasury activities, as well as financial risk management procedures.
The ideal candidate is result-driven, able to be both strategic and commercial and at the same time equally comfortable in the detail of helping to scale our financial systems and procedures.
Take the lead on all things cash
- Work closely with the CFO to plan ongoing operational & capital investment requirements, defining the funding strategy, maintaining the strategic and operational liquidity & capital adequacy plans.
- Ownership of all treasury as the first line of defence for the Group’s financial risk running the required stress tests against the internal limit system as well as external requirements (regulatory, float contractual etc)
- Execute liquidity operations transferring funds as required
- Manage and forecast operational settlements and daily cash flow position.
- Utilise a range of corporate banking & FinTech partners to continually optimise the group’s deposits.
- Manage hedging to mitigate financial risks and foreign exchange positions.
- Maintain all international banking relationships, initially in three countries.
- Manage debt and equity investors on day-to-day basis, administering their investments working closely with the Legal team as required.
- Oversee and manage reporting of liquidity and capital adequacy to the Executive team and the relevant committees.
- Input on product roadmap plans that have operational cash implications, for example merchant acquiring.
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 7+ years experience in banking or treasury environments with minimum 3 years exposure to fundraising activities
- Extremely analytical, strategic thinker with strong judgement and foresight
- Experience overseeing controls and mitigating operational and financial risk
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting as well as relevant professional qualifications.
- Experience working with senior management
- Highly accomplished in financial modelling and analytics
The highly desirables:
- Experience utilising BI reporting tools (Looker/Power BI/Tableau etc) is desirable
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.