Head of Underwriting & Portfolio Management
You're joining Tide at a really exciting time, as we build and scale our credit offering. Your leadership will be strategic for Tide to develop and deliver data driven credit products to enable our members to focus on doing what they love. If you are looking for a challenge to innovate Credit, this is your chance to join a team with passion to scale the credit portfolios and leverage data to deliver member centric credit solutions.
As a Head of Underwriting and Portfolio Management, you will:
- Develop Credit Risk appetite, strategies, policies and procedures, deliver them and measure their performance for Tide’s proprietary credit business (Tide Capital)
- Oversee decisioning data sourcing leveraging Tide’s significant internal data as well as external data, decisioning model development, quality control and performance
- Own the analysis of credit risk data, identify trends, red flags and develop an in-depth understanding of credit portfolios. This includes:
- Monitor compliance with the credit products’ risk appetite, acceptance and portfolio performance
- Forecast credit products portfolio performance
- Adopt a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly identifying opportunities to enhance processes/procedures and adopt new tools/technologies
- Monitor performance or risk models and identify areas of improvements
- Identify further risk models that can be beneficial to improve credit performance across Tide.
- Reporting to the VP of Credit you will lead the first Line of Defence and work in partnership with Data Science, Product Management, Collections and the Risk and Compliance team are the second line of defence
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and independently overseeing the risks related to credit product portfolios (i.e. operational, credit, conduct, fraud risks)
- Constantly measure, assess and improve our credit policies, procedures and controls across all products
- Create monitoring dashboards and presentations for senior management, Risk and Compliance committees and auditors, recommending which decisions to make
- Optimising the credit risk policies to allow for growth of the credit business whilst maintaining risk margins in line with agreed risk appetite and unit economics
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Credit or Credit Risk role, ideally in Fintech, or within financial institutions in small business lending
- Expertise in credit risk management for revolving / non revolving products (e.g. lines of credit, term loans)
- Work experience in an credit risk environment with automated processes and data driven decisioning tools/culture
- Strong analytical skills, data driven mindset and ability to work independently
- Worked in cross-functional projects and credit portfolio reporting
- Proficiency with analytical tools and visualisation software (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Attention to detail and quality of the deliverables
- A growth, can-do and customer oriented mindset
- Are non-political and able to work highly collaboratively across Tide
- University degree in business, financial engineering, engineering, statistics or any other quantitative discipline (desirable)
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies serving around 7% of all UK SMEs. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.