Insights Data analyst
As an Insight Data Analyst, you’ll be working closely with our Business teams to help them find opportunities to improve existing products, improve processes and identify new areas for growth. You will act as a data advocate and coach the wider business in our mission to become a truly data-driven company and drive tangible value through product-specific insights and a deep understanding of what drives our members behaviour.
This role will suit an individual who has a growth mindset, is commercially focused and wants to be close to the impact of their work. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on the growth of a rapidly scaling scale-up; we’d love to hear from you.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Developing SQL code to interrogate our data to solve key business problems
- Proactively bringing new ideas to the table relating to business questions, analytics approaches, datasets and ways of working.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & form ambiguous questions into defined solutions to improve the business area
- Training business stakeholders of all levels on creating their own dashboards and analytics best practices. Self serve is really important here at Tide
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
- Communicate segmentation analysis, relevant trends and campaign performances (including SLA’s & KPI’s) to internal as well as external stakeholders and across the business
- Forecasting through Uncertainty/Sensitivity testing and scenario planning to create data driven performance from historic and current data
- Present insights to stakeholders & senior management, translating analysis into the 'so what?' and identifying possible actions to take as a result
- Partner with Product teams to build KPIs for new product launches and monitor performance of existing products
- Presenting data in a clear and easy to comprehend manner, using visualisation tools(Looker).
- You will be working with Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker, Databricks
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your professional development with 20,000INR for L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain statistical concepts to business users
- Experience in delivering actionable insight to support decision making in marketing, commercial, product, operational and/or strategic decisions
- Experience in taking a business question or problem and turning it into an insight brief
- Excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with & support other analyst to do so
- Good understanding of the business – you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value
- A track record of delivering insight and actionable recommendations in an analytical role
- Ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making
- Experience building models and dashboards to tight timelines and embedding these in operations to inform real-time business decisions,
- Experience capturing stakeholder requirements across various levels of seniority and functions and building appropriate analytical solutions,
- Strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria Hyderabad and Guguram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion:
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.