Internal Communications Manager
Department: People & Culture
You’ll be a passionate, people-oriented, communicator, excited about engaging a diverse and rapidly growing global team in Tide’s mission. You will be familiar with developing and executing communications strategies to engage a large employee-base with wide-ranging interests and priorities. In this important role, you’ll bring enthusiasm and creativity, as well as a data-driven approach, to help our Tideans stay informed, feel connected, engaged and share a sense of purpose. You will be crucial to helping make Tide an even more enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning, defining and executing the internal communications strategy, helping to build on our transparent and inclusive culture
- Defining company-wide communications processes as well as managing and improving Tide’s internal communications channels
- Collaborating with Tide’s Chief Administrative Officer and People teams in the UK, Bulgaria and India to promote global engagement in communications
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Senior Leadership team, taking a leading role in developing messaging and content to communicate important information to Tideans
- Setting standards for high quality communications across numerous formats, including face-to-face events and meetings, virtual meetings, email, video, Slack etc.
- Interacting proactively with people across the business, from senior leadership to junior team members, to unearth compelling and inspiring stories to bring to the wider business
- Partnering with the PR and external communications team to bring a holistic approach to internal and external communications
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve spent at least five years, ideally in internal communications, at a fast-growing business with employees in a diverse range of roles (eg. technology, customer support, finance, marketing etc)
- You have high emotional intelligence, matched with an ability to produce emotionally intelligent communications
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience in delivering communications through a variety of channels
- You’re experienced in developing success metrics and bring a data-driven approach to achieving objectives
- You’ll relish the challenge posed by having multiple priorities and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re great at building collaborative working relationships with people of different levels of seniority, across departments and geographies
- You’ll be comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with other teams
- You have experience working with a global employee base
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.