Internationalisation and Special Projects Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
As an Internationalisation and Specialist Projects Lead at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
Following its fast growth in the UK, Tide is entering an exciting new phase of international expansion. As the Internationalisation Lead you will be responsible for Tide’s expansion. At a high-level this involves 1) the Identification of suitable markets 2) the planning market entry (Incl. marketing, operationalisation, commercial partnerships) and 3) orchestrating market entry implementation. This role will require international travel.
This role is suitable for a strategy minded individual who has previous experience in operations and implementation, as well as working closely with C-suite executives. This is a great opportunity to lead the next phase of growth for Tide.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
As part of this team, you will:
- Work closely with the executive team and VPs to plan and launch a new market
- Build a business case, including a financial model, around the new market
- Engage and manage professional service firms we may need for implementation (lawyers, consultants, etc..)
- Source commercial partners and negotiate arrangements
- Coordinate with various business areas (Product, Technology, Servicing, Legal, Finance etc.)
- Work closely with product and tech teams to determine product offering
- You are highly committed, a self-starter and committed to delivery to tight deadlines
- You have a robustly structured mindset, with exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- You have experience in all component parts of business plan development
- You can build great presentations that tell a crisp story
- You can build a financial model (not at a financial modeller level)
- You have worked closely with executive and senior teams
- You have 3-6 years experience
- You’ve worked in consulting, venture capital, or in start / scale-up
- You have some familiarity with international markets (internationalisation experience or foreign languages are not a must)
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.