IT Support Engineer
Reporting to the Head of IT and InfraOps, you will be an experienced support engineer and will have a background in IT Sys Admin, cloud native administration and management, with zero trust networking principles. You’ll also be entrepreneurial and have the ability to work with a talented global team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
As an IT Support Engineer, you’ll be implementing, administering and maintaining all cloud Infrastructure related technologies within Tide, while also providing 1st/2nd/3rd line support functions for the service desk and support teams.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Administering Tide’s Corporate IT and Infrastructure tech stack, managing current technologies, improving existing practices, integrating the multiples of SaaS applications with Tide systems
- Providing 1st/2nd line systems and application level support to end users
- Troubleshooting problems, answer questions and provide training on IT Systems to end users
- Implementing automation of periodic maintenance tasks relating to the IT Infrastructure and systems in conjunction with the wider Infrastructure team
- Identifying testing, and implementing workarounds for reported issues
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for all issues resolved work within an ITIL focussed environment
- Monitoring and troubleshooting network related issues
- Identifying and automating mundane tasks
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a practical level of experience working with ITSM platforms and ticketing systems
- You have a practical level of experience administering network and security
- You have experience with Identity and Authentication tooling (Okta)
- You have experience with Microsoft Modern management (inTune)
- You have experience with Mac management (JAMF PRo/Cloud)
- You have experience with working with automation flows and systems to help implement these, e.g. ServiceNow
- You have experience or knowledge based around next general security tooling defined around zero trust networking
- You have previous experience troubleshooting IT issues and recommending long term resolutions
- You have experience with Okta, (or other Identity, SSO, Auth providers) implementing applications and automating onboarding, offboarding and provisioning tasks.
- You are a self starter and have a mindset to deliver tools and software to drive automation
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.