Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly under-serviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this…
As a KYC Agent at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean – a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will be the first line of defence in our battle against financial crime. Through cross-platform research (e.g. Company’s House and social media footprints), you’ll prepare client-specific KYC related analysis and complete on-boarding due diligence where required. You’ll be central in liaising with internal compliance personnel on the shaping and application of KYC policy. You’ll also review transaction alerts, spotting inconsistencies and escalating accounts with financial crime concerns.
Life at Tide is a busy one and you will need to work a shared shift pattern between 8am – 8pm which includes working weekends.
Who are we looking for?
- You will bring bags of initiative and be naturally inquisitive about KYC principles and processes
- 1+ years’ experience working in KYC/compliance, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- Strong understanding and experience of CDD and EDD processes
- Professional work experience, preferably in financial services though gaming would also be highly advantageous
- Previous client service experience or dealing with third party suppliers/partners
- You’ll have an analytical mind – able to digest large data sets and spot patterns and trends with ease.
- An attention to detail is key and you’ll need to have exceptional communication skills – written and verbal – to produce reports for third party law enforcement agencies when necessary
- You’ll be willing to lend a hand whenever it may be needed in the business and each day will bring a new, exciting challenge.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- Flexible working
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing – we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days – get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins