KYC Analyst (Junior – Mid-level)
Employment Type: Full-time
As a KYC Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be the first line of defence in our battle against financial crime. Through cross-platform research (e.g. Company’s House and social media footprints), you’ll prepare client-specific KYC related analysis and complete on-boarding due diligence where required. You’ll be central in liaising with internal compliance personnel on the shaping and application of KYC policy. You’ll also review transaction alerts, spotting inconsistencies and escalating accounts with financial crime concerns. Life at Tide is a busy one and you will need to work a shared shift pattern between 8am – 8pm which includes working weekends.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You will bring bags of initiative and be naturally inquisitive about KYC principles and processes
- 1+ years’ experience working in KYC/compliance, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- Strong understanding and experience of CDD and EDD processes
- Professional work experience, preferably in financial services though gaming would also be highly advantageous
- Previous client service experience or dealing with third party suppliers/partners
The highly desirables:
- You’ll have an analytical mind – able to digest large data sets and spot patterns and trends with ease.
- An attention to detail is key and you’ll need to have exceptional communication skills – written and verbal – to produce reports for third party law enforcement agencies when necessary
- You’ll be willing to lend a hand whenever it may be needed in the business and each day will bring a new, exciting challenge.
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.