KYC Controls Improvement Project Manager (Contract)
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
Tide’s UK KYC function performs CDD/EDD and post-onboarding checks for our UK business customers (we call them members) via our analyst teams in Sofia and Hyderabad.
We are currently transforming the function, in terms of processes and scale, and recruiting for a number of permanent roles to build out the future state organisation.
To help us through this transformation, and to fill some capability gaps in the short term, we are looking for a highly capable Controls Improvement Project Manager to report to the Interim Head of KYC.
This role will partner with Tide’s oversight functions to understand where we have control issues or improvement opportunities in our initial onboarding flows (we have members that we onboard and KYC fully automatically and others that fall out of the automated process and are KYC’d manually) and in our post-onboarding processes (e.g. periodic review/refresh).
They will own and manage this portfolio, drive decision making around priorities and action and keep all relevant stakeholders informed on decisions, trade-offs and resolution outcomes.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Partnering with Compliance and Internal Audit to understand the full portfolio of control issues/improvement opportunities (these will be represented in Jira)
- Working with KYC management to scope and size change/remediation effort
- Define and agreeing change/remediation plans for the next month/quarter with all relevant stakeholders (KYC and oversight functions)
- Working directly with product/technology to make changes that don’t require manual work
- Coordinating any remediation initiatives that do require manual effort with line teams (including documenting procedures)
- Tracking the success of change/remediation initiatives
- Reporting on progress to stakeholders (including Jira updates)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in Client Onboarding/KYC in a banking environment, preferably business banking (ideally small to medium sized enterprises and ideally Fintech)
- You are familiar with the use of technology to conduct KYC checks as efficiently as possible, whilst meeting regulatory and internal risk requirements
- You are controls-focussed and have worked in, or have worked closely with Compliance or Internal Audit
- You have experience identifying and closing control issues
- You have meticulous planning skills, you excel at stakeholder management and are able to face off against senior stakeholders
- You are able to work across functions, in particular technology and operations to effect change
- You are able to coordinate others to make change happen and get your hands dirty and do it yourself where you can
- You’ve used tools such as Jira and have strong attention to detail
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.