KYC Policy & Procedure Lead
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As Policy and Procedure Lead, you will report to the Head of KYC and own the definition of 1st Line of Defence policy and procedures for the KYC organisation.
You will be a deep subject matter expert in relevant Financial Crime regulation, and be able to interpret relevant regulations and advise the Head of KYC on Tide’s approach to meeting them – whilst also meeting 2nd Line of Defence policies, and balancing Tide’s risk appetite and commercial objectives.
You will work closely with the KYC Product function to ensure policies are correctly translated into product delivery and with the Training and QA function to ensure they are correctly translated into manual processes.
You will also work collaboratively with the 2nd Line of Defence to agree policy approach and be able to challenge 2nd LoD recommendations where you believe they are excessive (or indeed not rigorous enough). You’ll support the Head of KYC and the Lead Product Owner with prioritisation of work, based on regulatory requirements and risk to Tide.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Interpreting regulations and advising the Head of KYC
- Writing KYC policies and procedures (high level processes)
- Reviewing existing processes for policy adherence and working with teams to agree and implement changes to processes
- Advising KYC product teams and ensuring that new product build is regulation and policy compliant
- Collaborating with 2nd LoD to agree policy changes and constructively challenge where necessary.
- Providing support with audits and oversight from banking partners
- Working with 2LoD Compliance to implement new regulatory requirements within KYC
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have deep knowledge of financial crime regulation and stay abreast of changes to regulations
- You’ve operated at a senior level in a 1st Line of Defence function, Risk & Compliance or Internal Audit
- You are pragmatic and look to find solutions that balance meeting regulatory and internal policy requirements with providing excellent customer service to our members and meeting commercial objectives
- You are able to clearly articulate the regulatory risks and trade-offs with different process and procedure options
- You can write great, easy-to-read and digestible policies and procedures
- You are used to challenging senior stakeholders and remain robust when challenged yourself
- You have prior experience in business banking in an FCA regulated environment. Experience at a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution is a bonus!
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.