KYC Policy Specialist – Contract
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
We’re looking for a KYC Policy Specialist to work with our KYC team in the UK on a contract basis. You’ll be working closely with our operations team to provide subject matter expertise on regulatory requirements, You’ll also need to get up to speed with how Tide works, our policies, procedures and risk appetite, and be able to tailor your expertise and advice accordingly.
Your average day will involve dealing with any escalations or complex cases from the analysts, providing advice and guidance on ongoing KYC projects, as well as policies and procedures, supporting the team in prioritisation. You’ll work closely with not only the KYC team, but stakeholders in the rest of the business including our Head of Quality Control to ensure we maintain high levels of quality, Head of Financial Crime, MLRO and UK CEO. You’ll also be working with external stakeholders such as our banking partners.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Evaluating and, where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous KYC standards whilst building efficiency where possible
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the team.
- Advising Product Owners on requirements for products, and supporting with prioritisation
- Working closely with our MLRO and second line of defense (Risk and Compliance) to ensure we meet policies and regulatory requirements.
- Actioning audit findings
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are a true KYC expert, our members are SMEs so you must have deep business banking expertise
- You have particular knowledge of FATCA/CRS and periodic re-KYC requirements
- Although this isn’t an operational role, you’ll be working with an operational team, so you need to be comfortable with a fast pace
- You have the ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
- You can work with the Product Owner to assist with prioritisation and input into requirements
- You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, and dealing with multiple senior stakeholders
- You are a multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- You ideally have experience in a FinTech, but not necessary
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.