KYC Quality Control Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a KYC QC Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will report directly to the Head of KYC. In this position, you will perform quality control role independent to the team. You’ll be expected to maintain regulatory compliance in relation to KYC processing, for both the Onboarding and Review processes.
Working within the KYC framework, you will conduct 4-eye checks on analyst level work, escalating any issues to the Head of KYC. You will ensure client due-diligence policies are strictly adhered to. You’ll be overseeing the Client Onboarding function, ensuring any and all errors in process are flagged and rectified, and continually working to reduce regulatory and reputational risk by exercising sound judgment.
You will undertake a reporting duty, presenting key metrics to the Head of KYC outlining the quality of work carried out at analyst level. You will assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with current processes and make recommendations for improvement where required.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level
- 2+ years of experience in a Compliance-related role, specialising in KYC at a leading FinTech or bank
- Ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive
- Previous QC experience is essential
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.