KYC Quality Control Analyst
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
Internally referred to as a KYC Quality Control (QC) Analyst, you will be a crucial part of our Second Line of Defence. You’ll be among the first to join our Quality Control team specifically looking at our India business and helping Tide scale effectively and securely! You’ll have a passion for all things compliance, understanding the importance of screening and KYC due-diligence and how that helps keep our members and our business safe from financial crime. You’ll be a keen investigator, diving deep into cases to understand root causes of defects and spotting trends and patterns as you go which you can use for data-driven solutions. Finally, you’ll be a team player supporting our One Team mentality, working closely with your peers and our close stakeholders to push a high quality culture.
You’ll be entrepreneurial and an expert within a marketplace business, someone who is very familiar with the dynamics of marketplace platforms. You’ll also have the seniority and experience to build a team. A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s product team. Working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Looking for someone who can test the work of our Manual-KYC teams and/or the output of our automated KYC Decisioning Engine to ensure we maintain compliance with regulation, policy and procedures.
- Reporting regularly to the MLRO and Head of KYC
- Assisting in identifying problem areas and risks associated with current processes.
- Making data-driven recommendations for improvement, provide training recommendations where needed or provide recommendations on appropriate mapping to enhance the automated decision making process.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Life insurance and Accident insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Dental Benefit
- Learning & Development Budget
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 3+ years in a Compliance-related role reporting under RBI regulatory expectation, specialising in KYC at a leading FinTech or bank
- You have the ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive; able to adapt to different people and styles
- You have a passion for compliance and driving high quality
- You have excellent communication skills, including experience in report writing, and excellent soft skills, including giving feedback
- You have experience in Quality Assurance
- You have statistical analysis skills and are proficient in MS Excel
- You have experience working in a 3LOD model, understanding the scope of each tier.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.