KYC Team Leader
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a KYC Team Leader at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will be reporting directly to the Head of KYC. With line management responsibility for approximately 6 analysts, you will be leading your pod of analysts to great success!
You will manage the workflow and workload (including targets) for the sub-team, and be their initial point of escalation on cases. You will be reporting MI to the Head of KYC, escalating issues and complex cases where necessary. You will also have responsibility for managing resources within the sub-team.
Who are we looking for?
- You must have strong KYC experience and a can-do attitude
- You must have Team Lead experience
- You should be flexible and able to work out of hours when required
- You must have the ability to lead a team; be decisive, goal-oriented and proactive!
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- You will have an analytical mind and be good with data
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.