Lead Agile Coach
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
As a Lead Agile Coach at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be driving and facilitating improvements across our core process: the Product-Tech value stream. Using Agile methodology and practices, you will shape the way we deliver products and leverage technology at Tide. You will be working with a team of Agile Coaches and engineers working as Agile Champions on the team level.
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
Our Agile team is working to increase effectiveness across the whole Product-Tech value stream. Using Agile methodology and practices, we aim to continuously improve the way we leverage technology at Tide. We work in Scrum with our delivery teams, use OKRs for cross team alignment and a wide variety of tools in our Product Discovery and Backlog scoping/ refinement.
On the backend we see Java 8 as legacy and use Java 11+ for our micro-services. We provide RESTful APIs, but also use gRPC. Spring Boot is our work horse, but we are open to new experiments. We run everything on AWS and you’ll see containers (Docker), queues (SNS+SQS) and events everywhere. Our frontends have done an incredible job at consuming our APIs and providing the best UX to our members. They are fully native Android and iOS apps or Angular 2+ web apps. DevOps provides vital infrastructure and operations support and our architects guide us with the long term vision.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Coaching and facilitating Agile principles and practices in Sprint iterations across several delivery teams
- Facilitating and driving continuous improvement in Product Discovery, User Story Mapping and other discovery techniques, backlog creation (Epic Level) and User Story generation
- Providing portfolio level reporting against OKRs, delivery forecasting, identifying and escalating delivery risks
- Monitoring quality of process, practices and behaviours across delivery teams, technology and product functions
- Experience leading a wider network of (part time)-Agile Coaches/ Scrum Masters
The highly desirables:
- Knowledge and experience using Agile principles beyond Scrum and Kanban e.g. in Product (Lean Start-up methods, Design Sprints, Lean UX) and in Tech (Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, DevOps)
- Experience working with OKRs across Tech and the wider business
- Guiding on workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) within the delivery teams
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
About the Perks
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Flexible working
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.