Lead BI Analyst
Department: Business Intelligence
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Analytics Lead at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
Tide is a company which runs on data. The Business Intelligence team are a key driver in that, ensuring that we’re able to identify, analyse, report on and act upon key performance metrics and KPI’s across the business.
You will have in depth knowledge of the company, collaborating with various teams and working at the very heart of Tide. Initially with 2 direct reports in the data team and interaction with stakeholders and senior leadership across the company, you will build and maintain an exceptional BI function allowing Tide to scale in it’s hyper growth.
As part of this role, you will be:
- Driving forward our data-driven mindset! You will be the person people turn to for analysis on business performance and for recommendations on how to make things better for our members.
- Create processes in order to help the BI team create and maintain reports and dashboards in Looker.
- Constantly analysing business performance and reporting back to senior leadership and the wider team, including the identification of growth opportunities
- Training junior team members to become better analysts
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Intelligence
- Strong analytical background with demonstrable knowledge of databases, Excel, SQL and Looker / Tableau
- A love of data – you don’t just produce data for the sake of data, you can produce meaningful insights which pack a punch.
- Significant experience of customer analysis in a mass market business.
- Knowledge and experience in database administration, so that our extensive datasets are managed efficiently , query optimisation, indexing / sortkeys, compression etc .)
- You can communicate data heavy and complex information to non-technical audiences
- You must be super organised with an eye for the finer details
- The ability to think independently and work autonomously
- You must have a customer mindset – everything we do, we do for our members!
- The ability to be able to produce ad-hoc reporting and analysis which produce meaningful recommendations
- The ability to challenge the status quo – we’re a challenger in the banking world, it’s in our nature. You should be able to inspire colleagues with your knowledge and insight
- Product management skill-set – The ability to collaborate with multiple teams across the business, from Product and Marketing to Engineering
- Be eager to constantly learn and develop
The highly desirables:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Maths, Finance etc)
- Start up experience, particularly within a scaling FinTech
- Financial modelling experience
- Experience in building ETL processes is a big plus
With over 125,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, one type of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Tide is here for everyone. So why wouldn’t we build our teams like that? We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. And that is just one of the reasons why Tide is so great. We are proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.