Lead BI Analyst
As part of this team, you will have two key responsibilities 1) Using your skills as an insight & analytics professional to help everyone at Tide to make better decisions using data by working with stakeholders to identify key problems and solve 2) Working with a group Insight Analyst to help them to support the business in the goal above and coaching them to be their best selves. You will report directly in the Head of I&A and once you prove yourself as a an effective individual contributor you will lead a small team of talented insight analysts
This role will suit an individual who is keen to use their experience to coach and support other team members and lead business-critical initiatives. Some key challenges will consist in supporting the teams’ needs as the company expands its product solutions and geographical footprint, ensuring the operational excellence of self serve reporting & insight generation, and setting up the team to adapt to the company’s expansion.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Developing SQL code to interrogate our data to solve key business problems
- Owning the relationship with stakeholders and developing productive ways of working Project managing cross-team and technical projects from inception to delivery
- Training business stakeholders of all levels on creating their own dashboards and analytics best practices. Self serve is really important here at Tide
- Over time Leading a team of Insight Analysts to help to improve decisions Tidean make using data
- Working with the Head Of I&A to plan, define strategies for the wider Insight & Analytics team and the wider business
- Championing a test and learning approach with stakeholders, helping to define testing roadmaps, structuring tests, then drawing insight and recommendations from results.
- Communicating roadmap and milestones efficiently to key stakeholders and across the business
- Developing business cases that incorporate the financial benefit of various customer behaviours and the potential return on investment from various initiatives and new products. Including Average Revenue Per User (ARPU), and Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Taking the lead on projects, co-ordinating and combining insight from multiple functions to provide clear analytical solutions
- Supporting the company wide analytics community to encourage development and collaboration including the support of data related events
- Working with Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have excellent leadership skills – you have managed a team of analysts before and coached them to become better versions of themselves
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain statistical concepts to business users
- You have excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with & support other analyst to do so
- You have experience in using Python/R and other statistical programming languages experience preferred
- You have good understanding of the business – you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value
- You have the ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making
- You have strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Additional health and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Multisport Card, fully sponsored by the company
- Food vouchers
- Flexible working options
- Perks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.