Lead BI Developer
As a Lead BI Developer at Tide, you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too. You will report directly in the Head of I&A and once you prove yourself as a an effective individual contributor you will lead a small team of talented BI Developers.
As part of this team, you will specifically own the data modelling and data warehousing side to the end to end BI process and work closely with an Insight Analyst, the Head of I&A and a Lead Data Engineer. Helping to enable the team to ingest more data from 3rd party sources and model it correctly in order to do more effective analytics.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to use their experience to implement best practices of scalable data warehousing & data modelling in a cloud-first environment. Some key challenges will consist in supporting the teams’ needs as the company expands its product solutions and geographical footprint, ensuring the operational excellence of our snowflake DW, and setting up processes & structure to adapt to the company’s expansion.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with insights analysts to understand business requirements and provide data ready for analysis
- Designing high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses
- Writing complex yet optimised data transformations in SQL using dbt
- Scheduling data transformation and analysis pipelines using airflow
- Continuously discovering, transforming, testing, deploying and documenting data sources
- Applying, and helping to define, and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, coding best practises, and peer reviews
- Applying advanced aggregations and data wrangling techniques such as imputation for predictive analytics
- Keeping our data efficient and consistent at a global level, maintaining our warehouse environments over multiple regions
- Working with Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker
You’ll be a great fit if:
- Strong hands-on data modeling and data warehousing skills and passion (our data warehouse is based on Snowflake, with transformations orchestrated through dbt)
- Experience in dimensional modelling, specifically designing, developing and maintaining STAR and/or snowflake schemas
- Experience with SDLC within a Data Warehouse context, including experience using Git and familiarity with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Extensive experience in SQL query optimization & troubleshooting
- Power-user expertise in at least one of these Cloud technologies: Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Solid experience with ETL and scheduling tools (e.g. Talend, Airflow)
- Experience with data visualization tools and packages (e.g. Looker, Tableau, matplotlib)
- Strong attention to details to highlight and address data quality issues
- Proven project management skills: roadmap, prioritisation, and stakeholders management
- Strong communication skills to work with non technical stakeholders and an excellent understanding of the commercial value of their work and the monetisation of data.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your professional development with 20,000INR for L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean