Lead Data Analyst
Department: Business Intelligence
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As Lead Data Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will split your time between
- You will coach and train the analysts in the team
- You will identify work items that will help the analysts work better and faster
- You will act as a role model for the team to embody data driven decision making
- You will be working closely with different business areas in order to help them understand Tide’s customers better and make better decisions
- You will drive a culture of learning by helping to set up experiments and evaluate them
- You will write sql statements as part of our analytics team to help surface data that they have not seen before.
You will join our data community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent leadership skills – you have managed a team of analysts before and coached them to become better versions of themselves
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain statistical concepts to business users
- Excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with & support other analyst to do so
- Good understanding of the business – you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value
- Ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making techniques such as AB-testing
- Strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Though not required, it would be nice if you also had:
- Proven experience in a start-up or fast growing company
- Experience working with Snowflake, dbt and Looker
- Proven experience in a Financial service company, preferably a Fintech
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts and building new DW tables
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!