Lead Data Scientist
You are a seasoned data scientist, who loves to build data products that delight customers. You strongly believe in agile principles and use them to deliver value incrementally. You are eager to learn about new methodologies and practices and apply them directly in your work. You have experience leading and coaching teams and take pride in seeing people you helped succeed.
Once you’ve joined Tide, you will be working closely with our KYC onboarding team in order to help us build out ml-driven fraud detection and compliance systems. You will be involved in all of the initial solutionizing, data discovery, model building and productionization stages.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with our KYC team in order to build fraud models and optimize compliance rules
- Understanding business requirements and solutionize data products in order to solve them
- Identifying creative solutions in order to build relevant training data sets
- Training models and optimize hyperparameters
- Working closely with our data engineers in order to productionize models
- Coaching junior data scientists on best practices
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have excellent leadership skills – you have managed a team of data scientists before and coached them to become better versions of themselves
- You have excellent business acumen, you manage to translate business problems into data products
- You have excellent communication skills including the ability to explain statistical concepts and technical tradeoffs to business users
- You have experience in training, optimizing and deploying a variety of ML-algorithms, such as logistic regressions, boosted trees and neural networks
- You have extensive experience in working within financial services, especially fraud detection and KYC
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- You have extensive experience with Machine Learning tools – TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- You have 5+ years of experience in Software development or Machine Learning. Strong in Python.
- You have experience in working in agile teams
- You have experience with big-data technologies such as Spark, SparkML, Hadoop etc. Strong knowledge of Cloud (AWS or other).
- You are familiar with basic data table operations (SQL etc.), data transform in warehouse (dbt etc.) and business intelligence softwares (eg. Looker).
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid leave
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.