Lead Developer Experience Engineer
As a Lead Developer Experience Engineer at Tide, you’ll be responsible for providing our engineers with tools and technology that allows them to work quickly, independently and smoothly. Our mission is that no developer should ever have to rely on another person or team to be able to deliver their work into production. You’ll be a big part of defining how we realise that goal.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building out Tide’s Developer Experience function across three engineering centres globally
- Designing and building a great CI/CD pipeline that allows Tide to verify security, quality, compliance and more – all in a pipeline
- Work on improving Tide’s deployment tooling to ensure that engineers are always able to deploy to production within minutes
- Ensuring that engineering teams are able to configure and provision their own cloud infrastructure in a way that is secure, performant, compliant and highly available
- Eliminating the need for engineers to make ad-hoc requests to the Cloud Engineering team
- Setting up monitoring and alerting defaults so developers will always see what happens, or doesn’t, when their code is run
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’re a continuous delivery advocate, understanding the benefits it brings as well as the challenges
- You understand that pipelines are a platform for delivering value and consider them to be just as important as the production environment
- You are a great proponent of “You build it, you run it”, but understand that it’s not just a matter of handing over the keys
- You’re happy working across timezones (but will have a team close to home)
- You have really good experience with AWS and you don’t mind diving deep into whatever technology is best for the situation
- You’re a programmer with extensive cloud infrastructure exposure
- You want to define a strategy and lead a team (or several teams) to get it delivered, while keeping hands-on when you can
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.