Lead Java Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
You, as a Lead Java Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our credit, payments, business services, member engagement or financial crime areas. We have a five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. You will be the person people turn to seeking advice and solutions to difficult problems. Joining one or more multidisciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will be expected to participate in early engineering phases and you could act as a Technical Lead. You will join our backend community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality across the backend will be very welcomed. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across many engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
On the backend we see Java 8 as legacy and use Java 11+ for our micro-services. We provide RESTful APIs to our colleagues in the frontend, but also use gRPC for internal service-to-service communications. Spring Boot is our work horse, but we are open to new experiments. We are cloud-native and run everything on AWS. You’ll see containers (Docker), queues (SNS+SQS) and events everywhere. The nature of our business naturally fits with relational databases, but we have also found some use cases for NoSQL.
Our frontends have done an incredible job at consuming our APIs and providing the best UX to our members. They are fully native Android and iOS apps or Angular 2+ web apps. DevOps provides vital infrastructure and operations support and our architects guide us with the long term vision.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Extensive experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8+).
- Sound knowledge and experience with a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot).
- Experience with microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience engineering scalable and reliable solutions.
- A mindset of delivering secure, well-tested and well-documented software.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience coaching technical staff and the ability to act as a technical lead.
The highly desirables:
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Experience integrating to third parties.
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
About the Perks
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Flexible working
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too