Lead Java Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
You, as a Lead Java Engineer and member of this team, will be working on early engineering phases to lay the groundwork for your team(s). You will lead backend engineers across multiple agile teams splitting your time between design, coding, mentoring and managing other team members. You will be the person people turn to seeking advice and solutions to difficult problems.
Joining one or more multidisciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, architects, mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You’ll be a key contributor to our backend community of practices and your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality across the backend will be very welcomed. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across many engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer). Extensive overall software development experience
- Sound knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot or another Java backend framework
- Experience with microservices and Implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience engineering scalable and reliable solutions
- Experience integrating to third parties
- A mindset of delivering well-tested and well-documented software
- Experience with relational databases
- Comfortable in a UNIX-like command line
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience managing and coaching of technical staff
The highly desirables:
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Some knowledge of Docker or similar container technologies
- Exposure to GRPC
- Exposure to message brokers
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.