Lead Legal Counsel
Hyderabad, New Delhi, Bangalore
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
You are an intellectually curious and enthusiastic legal professional with [12+] years of legal experience. You have your sights firmly set to work in a global fintech company.
You have a firm grasp of regulatory issues relevant to the Indian fintech sector and enjoy creative problem solving. You love tackling new challenges and thrive on the success of a job well done. You are hungry to help your stakeholders achieve their goals and have a down to earth and human approach to managing a team.
About the role :
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
We are looking for an experienced senior lawyer to join our growing India business as regional Head of Legal. You will have the opportunity to work alongside Tide’s Indian senior leadership team as well as cross-functionally across the wider organization on a number of legal initiatives in the commercial, corporate, marketing and intellectual property areas.
We’re looking for candidates with a commercial mindset coupled with strong technical expertise in commercial, regulatory, technology and privacy matters. In this role, you will think strategically, handle complex issues and manage projects at scale.
Legal degree, regulatory expertise and contract review experience is a must.
Your Team :
You will report to the Global Director of Legal based in London, with an opportunity to grow and directly manage a small sub-team of lawyers based in India. The Legal Function is a close-knit team of [x] lawyers based in India, the United Kingdom and Bulgaria. We are one of the most cross-functional teams in the company, helping Tideans accomplish their goals, grow the company and stay compliant.
We place a lot of emphasis on team collaboration, honesty and support. We seek to make all new joiners feel part of Team Legal from day one. We're looking for an individual who'll not only fit into that team, but will bring new ideas, challenge us and roll up your sleeves when needed.
As a Lead Legal Counsel you’ll be:
- Helping expand Tide’s Indian footprint and launch innovative products and services for Indian SMEs.
- Providing strategic legal and regulatory advice to senior management and cross-functional teams on a wide range of legal matters relevant to the fintech sector in India.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating a variety of commercial agreements including co-labelling, partnership, operations, marketing, SaaS and others.
- Developing and managing relationships with regulatory authorities.
- Leading a number of legal initiatives in the commercial, corporate, regulatory, marketing and intellectual property areas.
- Helping design and implement scalable legal processes and procedures to ensure that we’re setting and exceeding internal stakeholder SLAs.
- Working closely with cross-functional colleagues to help shape the company’s compliance policies and processes.
- Assisting with ad-hoc litigation and employment matters.
- Collaborating with teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least  years of relevant experience. In-house fintech or financial services experience preferred.
- You have experience advising senior executives and communicating with cross-functional teams.
- You’re an experienced operational lawyer that delivers pragmatic legal advice and enjoy problem solving.
- You've got a hands-on attitude.
- You have a collaborative personality.
- You are eager to learn and grow.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You have excellent business judgement.
- You have a can-do attitude.
- You have a proven ability to juggle many projects at once.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You are passionate about providing above-and-beyond service to stakeholders.
- You have higher education and a degree in law
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.