Lead Machine Learning Engineer(Data Engineering)
You are a seasoned data engineering professional who is passionate about building scalable data solutions and inspiring others to learn more. You want to join a fast moving company and shape our architecture to help us scale. You have an agile mindset and want to deliver value incrementally.
You’ll be part of the data leadership team and work closely with our analytics, data science and governance teams in order to deliver data solutions that generate business value.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Creating and maintaining ML pipelines to operationalize ML models.
- Developing & deploying low latency and highly scalable dockerized micro services.
- Collaborating in cross-functional software/architecture design sessions to find the best solutions for the problems that we are facing.
- Working with Peer ML engineers who will be responsible for scaling and deploying machine learning models for Tide.
- Participating in an agile development team that delivers value iteratively.
- Building ML platform to speed up develop & deploy cycle and monitoring of models in production.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- Learning & Development Budget
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 8+ years of development experience
- You have experience leading a team of backend developers and/or ML engineers, coaching best practices and architecting solutions.
- You have extensive development experience in Python, including development of microservices using e. g. Flask, Django, etc.
- You have experience in building data solutions, both batch processes and streaming applications.
- You are familiar with event-driven designs, specifically you have worked with Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, etc. before.
- You have experience working in an agile team, dedicated to generating value in an iterative fashion.
- You have worked with feature store , ML Observability and automated MLOps systems
- Experience in batch processing frameworks.
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- You have experience working with machine learning models before and know about the challenges faced when putting these into production.
- Business-level of English and good communication skills.
- You have experience with Git and Docker.
- You have experience working with ML platforms is a plus.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.