Lead Product Manager – Accounting Product
As a Lead Product Owner, you’ll be a domain expert in small business accountancy services, able to hold your own in discussions about general ledger technical design one moment and how to build an intuitive self-service UX for small businesses the next. You’ll be able to draw from examples within the industry, and know what best practice looks like. Working in a unique, highly specialised, role you’ll play a vital role in shaping a key strategic project for Tide. You’ll work alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, design, and ship this innovative new product.
At Tide, we believe the small business sector is under-served and there is an opportunity for self-service accounting that’s seamlessly embedded to a small business owner’s banking app. While we are looking for a permanent hire, we would consider hiring this role in a contractor capacity for the first three months. If you’re excited about our mission, and think you have something to offer – let us know.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and independently defining the strategy and product vision for Tide’s deeply integrated Accounting tool
- Supporting technical design of accounting services, including general ledger and compliance/reporting services
- Defining E2E UX for both small business owner (i.e. self-service) and accountant (i.e. managed service) accounting journeys
- Owning of the operational and commercial relationships with software partners
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
You’ll be a great fit if:
- 5+ years in consumer product, including 3+ years experience working in SME accountancy software
- You have deep domain knowledge, including design of accounting-related services (e.g. bookkeeping, general ledger, reporting and compliance)
- You have shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before, as Product Manager, Head of Product or similar.
- You’re organised, pragmatic and capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have accounting qualifications highly valuable, but not required
- You have engineering background (e.g. as solution architect) valuable, but not required
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family health insurance
- 25 holidays
- We invest in your development with a 20,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.