Lead Product Manager Financial Services (Merchant Acquiring)
As a Lead Product Manager in our Financial Services team, you’ll play a pivotal part in our growth story by developing and launching merchant acquiring, deposit and insurance products. You’ll be entrepreneurial and an expert within a merchant acquiring business, someone who is very familiar with the dynamics of both online and POS payments and who has the seniority and experience to build a team. A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s Product team, working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and independently defining the product strategy, vision and roadmap for Tide’s merchant acquiring products globally
- Owning the operational and commercial relationships with service providers and partners
- Working with the Engineering team to define and execute a scalable product architecture that will work internationally
- Creating and scaling teams, starting with POs and BAs, who have responsibility for managing backlogs and leading delivery across different product features and markets
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
- Having end-to-end ownership of the merchant acquiring product development lifecycle
You should join us if:
- You’ve spent at least five years at a business with a merchant acquiring product in a lead product role
- You have shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before, as Senior Product Manager, Head of Product or similar.
- You have deep knowledge and understanding of the merchant acquiring business and have proven experience of operating a merchant payments business including the management of risk related to card payment acceptance
- You are a champion for innovation, challenging the status quo and having a solution-focused approach
- You’re organised, pragmatic and capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get hands-on and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
The highly desirables:
- Familiarity with the global payments landscape including payment fraud and payments acceptance in both an online and in-person environment
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Family health insurance
- Life and Accidental Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Dental Treatment Assistance
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Share Options as per company policy
- Flexible working options
- Perks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, and religions. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.