Lead Product Owner
Department: Product / Marketing (Member Acquisition)
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Lead Product Owner at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As a Lead Product Owner for Acquisition Marketing, you will work hand-in-hand with product owners, developers and marketers, to build our product roadmap and product team for acquisition, onboarding, conversion – anything relating to bringing Tide to new businesses. In this role, you will:
- Develop a product vision while coordinating awareness & execution across multiple functions. Define the vision and strategy for accession product area in collaboration with the entire product team and cross-functional teams
- Lead and develop a team of Product Managers responsible for driving their product, fostering a culture of continuous execution and full ownership of problems
- Lead by example: you will be hands on, take ownership for business metrics and product KPIs and play a pivotal role in bringing all stakeholders onboard
- Lead full stack development teams (iOS, Android, Web, Back-end) to deliver new and existing roadmap items in an agile, data-driven way within the quarter
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You will have been a Product Lead, Head of Product or in a similar position previously. You will have a background in Product Management and have a passion for Development, Marketing and Data.
- 10+ years experience in consulting, a start-up, or other function where the core of the business was a technical product
- You’ve spent time in different startups / tech businesses working on delivering integrated product experiences across mobile (iOS, Android), web and even paid channels
- You’ve worked in finance, consulting, technology, started your own company, or done something else that was challenging
- Strong technical skills and self reliant in extracting, cleaning and analysing data, working closely with technical teams
- You are all over agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban – more practice than textbook of course
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, you know how to multi-task and get things done
- A highly-structured individual who can summarise and simplify customer problems / business challenges
- An innate ability to listen and identify what other people find important
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – patient, empathetic and with a positive mindset
- Great communication skills – able to explain complex information in a simple and easy to understand way
- An appetite to develop a deep understanding of Tide’s product and partner accountants
- Humble and genuine: There are no as*holes at Tide and we intend to keep it that way
The highly desirables:
- You’ll have experience both client-side and agency-side and you enjoy working in a complex and technical industry.
- Experience with testing across all possible and meaningful opportunities – creatives, messaging, audiences, user stories, prioritisation
- Experience with creative production / You may be hands-on with Photoshop yourself or are comfortable working with designers
- Experience with data-driven segmentation, targeting and a/b testing, analytics and BI tools
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.