Lead Product Owner (Managed Services)
Department: Business Services
Employment Type: Full-time
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
You will lead a small team, initially with line management responsibility over a Partnerships Manager. In addition, in this role, you’ll play a leading role within Tide’s product team, working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial executive with experience in multi-vendor marketplace platforms to create and take an exciting new product to market.
At Tide, we believe there is an ‘outsourcing gap’ and small businesses need outsourced support in the running of their businesses. It’s our plan to provide our members with the ability to flexibly outsource a wide range of business activities to a network of independent providers via a high-trust marketplace.
We’re looking for someone to bring this vision to life, and to drive an important additional revenue pillar for Tide. This role has significant opportunity for career development, with responsibilities including:
- Owning and independently defining the strategy and product vision for Tide’s Managed Service multi-vendor marketplace platform
- P&L responsibility, plus ownership of operational and commercial relationship with service providers and software partners
- Team building: starting with a Partnerships Manager, who has responsibility for managing the various service providers on the platform, the selected candidate would be expected to grow a team to manage the platform
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis
- End-to-end execution of the Managed Services product development lifecycle
- You’ve spent at least five years at a business with a multi-vendor marketplace, as a category manager, platform owner or similar
- You have shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before, as Product Manager, Head of Product or similar
- You know marketplace businesses: proven experience of operating and managing the policies and marketplace participants within a B2B environment, and tangible experience in defining marketplace risk and governance policies within a B2B marketplace environment
- You’re organised and pragmatic, capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
The highly desirables:
- Familiarity with managed services, in financial admin (accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, tax etc.) or other services (digital marketing, legal & compliance, etc.)
- Experience with product marketing
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 180,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing – we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days – get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.