Lead UX Researcher
Department: Design, UX & Brand
As our first Lead UX Researcher, you’ll be responsible for leading and defining our user research practices and strategy, giving you the autonomy to make the position your own. We’re looking for someone ambitious and driven who can hit the ground running, collaborating closely with our design, product, and engineering teams every step of the way – always striving to deliver amazing customer experiences.
As a key component of an effective design thinking approach, we are keen to include user research into the design process at Tide. We look forward to the future with someone who works together to solve problems, learn new things, and share knowledge. It’s a really exciting time in this organisation to drive and establish the research team, own the standards, principles, and best practice of UX Research techniques, from quantitative statistical analysis to qualitative user research.
You’ll be joining a multi-disciplined team who is hungry to develop and create more effective and efficient insights into our members' behaviours, motivations, and pain points within their workflows. In doing so will need someone who can mentor, support, and elevate this expertise across our product teams.
If you're passionate about continual research and want to be the voice of our members to push through and improve our experiences, then we want to hear from you. Because Tide is about doing what you love.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Articulating and presenting research findings with business stakeholders, product managers, UX & UI designers, and engineers
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and direction on our user research principles and strategy – demonstrating the experience needed to elevate and strengthen our qualitative and quantitative research offering as we scale the discipline.
- Devising and executing creative ways to collect and investigate customer behaviours that will inform the product and features we create.
- Diagnosing business requests and instigating the right analysis to uncover relevant insights that genuinely impact direction.
- Working with cross-functional teams to surface key member insights, and help them to understand what the humans using our platform need and why.
- Helping pilot critical business projects and acting not only as a service to business requests but as an influencer with a unique view of the customer.
- Working with Product Executives to decide customer OKRs & KPIs
- Mentoring, managing, and recruiting future UX researchers in the team and support in their career development.
- Understanding the interplay connecting business requirements, product strategy, and user experience.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have demonstrable professional experience in qualitative and quantitative research techniques (including moderated usability studies and user interviews, unmoderated testing and studies, guerrilla testing, surveys, ethnography, diary studies and card-sorting, etc.)
- You have demonstrable professional experience in a research role as part of a small UX or Product design team in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to identify which research methods will give the right insight into a particular design question
- The ability to plan and conduct hands-on research which will provide these insights
- You have the ability to analyse qual and quant data to prove/disprove testing hypotheses
- You have the ability to synthesise data from research into trends, themes, and actionable recommendations
- You have the ability to communicate these findings to peers and managers; ability to be robust in the qualification of your methods and analysis
- You have a clear and current understanding of GDPR guidance and legislation, and how that impacts research activities
- You love to solve problems and be challenged
- You are a great communicator who can clearly articulate verbally or write design decisions backed up with data. You’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels
- You have a a solid portfolio featuring case studies of research work
- You have line management experience
- You have experience using and analysing data through eye-tracking technology
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.