Lead UX Writer
Department: Design, UX & Brand
We're looking for an outstanding Lead UX Writer / Lead Content Designer to lead and drive the content strategy for micro-copy across our product teams, helping to shape the future of our SME financial platform. Your work will have a huge impact, and the scope of this role is huge, as you’ll be a key contributor to our continued success.
You’ll play an active leadership role in the design management team, providing leadership at programme level to understand users' behaviour and use evidence to help improve existing services.
Tide is a daily part of the lives of more than 240,000 members and business owners already, and your work here will help shape the way that members interact with their finances, to help them grow, and give them time back to do what they love.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product professionals, and hand-in-hand with product designers, developers, data scientists, product owners, and UX research to build, ship and create a world-class SME financial platform.
We're keen to ensure we're creating a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You'll strongly advocate for the best practice in UX writing, leading to the development of the ToV product guidelines and providing writing governance to all products.
- You’ll lead a small but mighty team of UX writers, helping shape our UX writers’ career paths through our career matrix and bi-annual performance reviews.
- You’ll work to understand business goals and user needs, then help plan, develop, and deliver clear, relevant written content that brings the two together, planning for the creation, delivery, and governance of useful, usable text content
- You'll work with senior stakeholders to help understand the value of writing, solving problems, and developing our UX writing strategy.
- Experience of facilitating workshops and leading meetings. Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams to develop concepts and products.
- You'll be supporting embedded cross-functional product teams, responsible for all writing artifacts produced; from initial discovery through to the execution of final crafted details informed by our ToV guidelines, which you’ll own.
- You'll deeply understand the members you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports, or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you're solving to ensure we create products that save our members time and money.
- Collaborating regularly using solid communication, documentation, and facilitation skills across the business to evangelise great user-centric writing practices.
- Challenging yourself and the team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and tools.
- Being pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy, or business risk.
- Helping to raise the bar for writing and design at Tide. We're a small but mighty team of Tideans where everyone plays a critical role in improving our community of practice—whether that's through improving our craft skills to leading rituals to giving great feedback.
- You'll work to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You've led the writing practice of world-class product launches in a fast-growing company before, ideally within a similar sector.
- You can demonstrate experience of understanding how your work fits into a wider context, and of recognising and addressing challenges.
- You’ve designed and prototyped experiences as part of end-to-end customer journeys.
- You have experience taking the lead in setting content priorities across a number of work areas
- Experience in working in partnership with senior stakeholders in an advisory capacity, to provide analysis and recommendations.
- You understand that good writing is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You're passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll write with all our users in mind.
- You have a data informed mindset. You’re experienced in A/B testing tools and are adept at generating hypotheses for testing and learning.
- You care about the details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You're passionate about sharing your knowledge and raising the bar for our writing and design practice at Tide. Previous experience line managing is a big plus as we’re growing fast!
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.