Legal Counsel (Generalist)
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
As a Legal Counsel, you will work on a wide variety of projects in commercial, corporate, marketing and intellectual property realms. We’re looking for a jack-of-all-trades who will be able to tackle new challenges while being a great partner to stakeholders across Tide.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
● Lead a number of legal initiatives in the commercial, corporate, marketing and intellectual property areas.
● Negotiate a variety of partnership and vendor agreements.
● Maintain corporate governance.
● Work with outside counsel to upgrade our intellectual property portfolio.
● Help out with marketing content review as needed.
● Design and implement scalable internal processes and procedures to ensure that we’re setting and exceeding internal stakeholder SLAs.
● Collaborate with many teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
● 5+ years of general legal experience, ideally at tech or IT companies with in-house departments
● Comfort with ambiguity.
● Proven ability to juggle many projects at once.
● Extreme attention to detail.
● Excellent business judgment.
● Experience communicating with cross-functional teams in a fast-growing company, preferably in fin-tech.
● Passion for providing above-and-beyond service to stakeholders.
● Law degree required.
Here at Tide we are the UK’s leading provider of smart, digital SME current accounts. We’re on a mission to save business owners time (and money) on their business banking and admin, so they can get back to doing what they love.
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 200,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
What's in it for you:
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare
- Food vouchers
- Multisport card
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development