Legal Counsel (Generalist)
You are an enthusiastic and detail-oriented counsel with 2+ years of legal experience, who loves multitasking and working collaboratively.
You have your sights firmly set to work in a global fintech company. You’re hungry to learn more, improve your skills, and help your stakeholders achieve their goals. You love tackling new challenges and thrive on the success of a job well done.
About the role
We are looking for a jack-of-all-trades who will join as a critical part of our team to help meet growing business needs and support Tide's ambitious expansion plans.
As Legal Counsel, you will have the opportunity to work on a number of legal initiatives in the commercial, corporate, marketing and intellectual property areas in a cross-jurisdictional context. You will be able to lend your skills to a number of business areas across Tide with regular exposure to senior business stakeholders. Legal degree and contract review experience is a must.
We are a close-knit team of five lawyers based in London and Sofia. We are one of the most cross-functional teams in the company, helping Tideans accomplish their goals, grow the company and stay compliant.
We place a lot of emphasis on team collaboration, honesty and support. We seek to make all new joiners feel part of Team Legal from day one. We're looking for an individual who'll not only fit into that team, but will bring new ideas, challenge us and roll up your sleeves when needed.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Helping launch innovative products and services.
- Reviewing and negotiating a variety of partnership and vendor agreements.
- Supporting senior legal colleagues on a number of strategic legal initiatives.
- Interpreting and communicating complex legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performing various legal and administrative tasks, including developing legal templates, managing Tide’s contract database and legal records.
- Marketing content review.
- Assisting with ad-hoc litigation and employment matters.
- Collaborating with teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience. In-house experience preferred.
- You have a collaborative personality.
- You are eager to learn and grow.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You have a can-do attitude.
- You have a proven ability to juggle many projects at once.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You have experience communicating with cross-functional teams.
- You are passionate about providing above-and-beyond service to stakeholders.
- You have higher education and a degree in Law.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.