Legal Operations and Assistant Corporate Secretary
You are an enthusiastic and detail-oriented legal operations professional, who loves multitasking and working collaboratively. You shine in a challenging environment and thrive on the success of a job well done. A complex and novel task comes in and you figure out how to get it done. And when you say “I’ll take care of it” we know it’ll be done well.
We are a close-knit team of 4 attorneys and are one of the most cross-functional teams in the company, helping Tideans accomplish their goals, grow the company and stay compliant. We’ve created the Legal Operations & Assistant Corporate Secretary role to help us streamline our operations internally and externally, as well as take the lead in developing our corporate governance as Tide grows. We are looking for someone who will join as a critical part of our team and who will make an impact from day one. ICSA qualifications are desirable but not mandatory.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Helping the Legal team be more productive, effective and organised.
- Managing the capitalisation table and equity paperwork through software (Carta).
- Attending board meetings; drafting board minutes and written resolutions.
- Creating board packets and related materials, as well as handling correspondence with the board and shareholders.
- Overseeing all Companies House filings and other regulatory submissions and maintaining statutory books and registers.
- Monitoring for changes in relevant corporate legislation and recommending appropriate action.
- Managing Tide’s contracts database and templates library.
- Assisting with the creation of legal trainings.
- Creating legal wikis for use by the whole company.
- Ensuring legal correspondence is timely answered.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve at least four years of relevant work experience, either at a company, law firm, or both.
- You are familiar with how start-ups grant equity and structure their cap tables.
- You know the basics of corporate law, and have worked with corporate boards before.
- You love making things more efficient and implementing new policies to streamline old processes.
- You’ve made filings with Companies House and understand what filings are required and when they are due.
- You are proactive and able to finish tasks independently.
- You are able to think critically and come up with creative solutions.
- You are highly organised and attentive to detail.
- You thrive when working on cross-functional teams.
- You are enthusiastic about learning new disciplines.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.