Member Operations Administrator
Department: Member Services
As Member Operations Administrator at Tide, you will be centred around providing administrative support to the VP Member Operations, whilst also supporting senior leadership meetings providing secretariat support by creating meeting agendas, packs, presentations, etc.
You will put your communication skills to good work as you liaise with colleagues across the whole business areas across Tide in order to deliver your day-to-day role in a fast pace environment. You will help us stay efficient and bring positive energy to the workplace.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Administering of the various Member Operations’s meeting, Committees and Working Groups, including managing the invites and attendees and juggling calendars.
- Compiling the agenda, preparing presentation slides, working with the business areas to collate data, and taking minutes
- Operating a number of administrative processes, ensuring that these are delivered accurately, on time and in line with defined procedures and standards.
- Entering and maintaining information on systems and files to ensure that information is up-to-date, in the right place and easily accessible.
- Assisting the Member Operations management with diary coordination
- Managing smaller pieces of work to completion, either standalone or as part of larger projects, to support achievement of business objectives.
- Keeping organisational charts up to date
- Supporting monthly All hands meetings
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have great attention to detail, can organise across multiple business areas, and you deliver work to a high standard
- You are a self-starter – you take initiative in forming processes and structure and need little supervision, you are a solution driven
- You have strong organisational and time-management skills
- You have the ability to deal with multiple projects and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and cope with competing priorities
- You are comfortable creating presentations and spreadsheets
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- You are able to liaise with stakeholders across the business in a variety of seniorities, and produce high quality documentation such as minutes and presentation slides
- You have experience working for a Fintech
- You are proactive, creative and use your initiative.
- You have a sense of humour!
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team and collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.