Mid-Level Product Designer
Department: Design, UX & Brand
Employment Type: Full-time
As a mid-level product designer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As a mid-level product designer you will work across our consumer apps, ios, android and web. You’ll work with the product and engineering teams on our ambitious and rapidly scaling products. You’ll take the design lead on a product area and work within a focused team – as well as contributing to Tide’s design systems and overall user experience. As a design team we work closely and collaboratively, everyone’s input and opinion is shared to help us all create the best work for our members.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, product owners, UX writers and developers
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines
- A portfolio showcasing your product design work
- You have several years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience focused on creating digital software products.
- Solid UI/UX design experience
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Experience designing for consumer facing native apps – iOS and Android.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback
- Obsessed with getting the details right
- While providing the best user experience you understand business goals and constraints.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications
- You seek out data for decision making and have experience conducting or supporting user research.
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
- You have experience with atomic design systems, components and style guides.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Invision, Illustrator, Adobe CS.
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here