Mobile Release manager
As a Technical Release Manager at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data-driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be working across the business and technology to deliver frequent, fast, resilient and secure releases. You will work with different stakeholders and teams to address risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies to facilitate release planning, execution and reporting.
You will drive continuous process improvement to achieve frequent code deployments, faster lead time from commit to deploy, faster mean time to recover from downtime and lower change failure rate.
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where Backend, iOS, Android, Web, QA, architects, DevOps, Agile coaches, Data experts and Product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
In the wider tech community at Tide our Backend teams use Java 11+ microservices to provide RESTful APIs to Android, iOS and Angular-based web front ends.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast-paced environments, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Managing the release lifecycle, scheduling, co-ordinating and reporting platform releases for Android, iOS and web
- Championing CI/ CD, test automation and tooling initiatives to reduce manual effort
- Driving build, test and deployment phases, bridging business and technology, ensuring quality control for releases and continuous process improvement
- Supporting test cycles for confidence testing, regression testing, crowdtesting and beta testing by members
- Monitoring and responding to testing, deployment and production escalations
The highly desirables:
- Knowledge, skills and experience working with CI/ CD pipelines
- Defining and implementing test environments (that are fit for purpose)
- Managing app builds and tracking deployment analytics
- Working with Agile delivery teams to foster a release mindset
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.