Office and Facilities Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As an Office and Facilities Manager at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
We’re looking for an experienced Office Manager to ensure we’re providing our Tideans with everything they need for a productive working environment. Having more than doubled in size in 2019 to 220+ in our London office (with more growth yet to come), we’re moving into a 24,000 sqft space – we want you to be the driver of setting up and maintaining our new happy office and ensure everything runs efficiently and smoothly. Whilst a lot of your work will be ad-hoc, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the strategy for office management – knowing what needs to be done and when it needs to be done
- Ensuring our office is compliant – you will create a safe space for our Tideans ensuring we are adhering to health and safety and regulatory compliance at all times
- Assisting our Facilities and Project Manager with our upcoming office relocation
- Find the best suppliers out there for whatever our needs require and manage those relationships
- Taking full ownership or delegating daily office chores, everything from the basic to the things only a good Office Manager would think of
- Ensuring our London office runs in adherence to our cultural values
- Reacting to the needs of the office whilst also being proactive for future needs
- Being part of a team which drives London cultural initiatives, whilst also working closely with our Sofia team on company wide cultural initiatives
- Working closely with everyone across the business, including senior stakeholders and C-suite, to champion everything office related to deliver those services efficiently
- Owning and running events, management of reception and booking team travel
- Making the Tide office the best place to work at!
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable Office Manager experience, ideally around 5 years
- You’ve managed offices of at least 150 employees in size
- Demonstrable experience of defining and implementing office management strategies, including culture building initiatives
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Be aware of and manage all the statutory Health and Safety compliances for the business and office
- You have a ‘can do’ and ‘get it done’ attitude, you’re self motivated with strong leadership skills
- You’ve got bags of enthusiasm and personality – you’re the person that our Tideans will want to turn to in a pickle
- You’re a natural born organiser and can take initiative with a faultless eye for detail
- You will thrive working in a fast-growing environment where you’re happy to wear many hats
- You’re flexible and able to adapt to whatever is required of you for a particular task
- You’ve got the ability to think outside of the box to get things done in the most efficient and cost effect way
- The ability to communicate and work with the most senior of stakeholders internally and externally
- Energy! This is a fast paced and dynamic environment and we want you to attack it with good spirit
The highly desirables:
- You’ve managed offices with similar dynamic to Tide – ideally a Fin/tech company or startup that has everyone from Engineers to Marketers
- You’ve managed offices that have gone through significant growth
- You’ve driven an office relocation or supported on one
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.