Ongoing Monitoring Analyst
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As an Ongoing Monitoring Analyst, you would be working on being the first line of defense in our battle against financial crime. You’ll be responsible for monitoring a variety of transaction types across our customer base. This role is an important part of our monitoring and helps identify any suspicious activity that requires further investigation.
You’ll be entrepreneurial and an expert within a marketplace business, someone who is very familiar with the dynamics of marketplace platforms. You’ll also have the seniority and experience to build a team. A unique role, you’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s product team. Working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Analyzing transactions across a variety of payment types to look for signs of financial crime including money laundering and terrorist financing
- Sanctioning and screening some payments
- Developing and seeking ways to improve tools and process for transaction analysis
- Reviewing transaction alerts, spotting inconsistencies and escalating accounts with financial crime concerns.
- Using a variety of tools to analyse transactions in different ways, including thematic reviews, responsible for different operational activities as per requirements
- Working a shared shift pattern
- Willing to work weekends as and when required
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a good eye for detail to be able to identify suspicious activity amongst transaction data
- You have 1+ years of experience working in AML and transaction monitoring, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- You have strong understanding and experience of CDD and EDD processes
- You have professional work experience, preferably in financial services e.g. Banking sector and Fintech
- You have inclination towards asking right questions with problem solving attitude and always looking to make process leaner and robust
- You have an analytical mind – able to digest large data sets and spot patterns and trends with ease
- You are a quick learner, explorer, multitasker and flexible with work profile
- You have exceptional English skills – written and verbal – to communicate with the clients and company stakeholders & regulatory bodies if required.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.