As an Ongoing Monitoring Trainer, you will own elements of Tide Ongoing Monitoring training. You will report directly to the Head of Ongoing Monitoring and be responsible for the batch of new joiners. You will identify, prepare, develop and deliver high-quality ongoing monitoring training. You will support the Ongoing Monitoring team in delivering system and process courses, as well as facilitate the onboarding of new joiners into the team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning all Ongoing Monitoring Training materials
- Translating requirements into training that will support employees for the next step of their career path
- Creating structured learning exercises and monitor their results
- Acclimating new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions
- Delivering training courses virtual and face to face
- Assessing training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior
What you’ll get in return:
Health Insurance, Life insurance and Accident insurance
25 days annual leaves
Enhanced family-friendly leave
Learning & Development Budget
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 5+ years in a Ongoing Monitoring training role at a leading FinTech or bank
- You have experience in writing and conducting training both virtually and face to face
- You have experience in handling team in training domain… creating training decks, test assignments etc.
- You have a passion for developing analysts, sharing and enhancing knowledge, and driving quality
- You have a clear understanding of the ongoing monitoring, AML & other financial crimes & regulatory framework in India
- You are up to date with latest developments in industry w.r.t fraud risk, transaction monitoring, fin crime
- You are able to work well as part of a team;
- You are decisive, goal-oriented, proactive, able to adapt to different people and styles
- You are passionate for compliance and driving high quality
- You have excellent communication skills, including experience in report writing
- You have creative ability & writing proficiency
- You are a self-motivator and self-starter
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.