Operations Analyst (Payments)
Department: Payment Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As an Operations Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
You will be at the core of making sure Tide’s most important processes and services run as they should. On a daily basis you will work with teams from across the company – including member support, financial crime, finance, tech, and product – as well as with our suppliers and Tide Members. Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Performing daily reconciliation and keeping track of all our currency flows
- Investigating and understanding any discrepancies that arise
- Ensuring Tide is in compliance with FCA regulations
- Reporting performance internally to the payments team and senior management
- Monitoring the performance of all payments related processes
- Helping our member support team in maintaining high standards on payments related answers
- Assisting in solving any issues and updating procedures accordingly
- Investigating any irregularities missing payments with our members and our providers
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Organised – you can be counted on to execute important business processes without oversight and when require
- Strong attention to detail – everyone’s human, however you will have responsibilities where errors are extremely costly
- Has a demonstrable intermediate level of Excel – You will be a wiz with pivot tables and more advanced formulas (IF-THEN, TRANSPOSE, VLOOKUP, to name a few
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English – you’ll be explaining the root causes of problems to management and working with providers to get to the bottom of problems
- Resilient – you’re willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it’s solved
- Proactive – you’ll need to enjoy the challenge of continuously improving processes and always be on the hunt for the next problem that needs to be fixed!
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real-world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.