Operations Analytics Lead
As Operations Analytics Lead, you’ll spearhead efforts to help our operation focused teams such as Member Support, KYC, Ongoing Monitoring, Fincrime and Risk & Compliance to find opportunities to improve their efficiency, effectiveness and support in their future planning. You will demonstrate a vision for data & analytics within the operational teams; coaching your team to frame ambiguous business problems into high value data solutions and products.
This role will suit an individual who has a growth mindset, is commercially focused and wants to be close to the impact of their work. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, taking ownership, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on the growth of a rapidly scaling scale up; we’d love to hear from you. The expectation is this role will initially be hands on however overtime we expect a transition to more strategic work
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Growing and developing a team of operational analyst and data scientists from both a technical and business acumen perspective.
- Analyzing processes and mechanisms for sub-optimal performance, with a focus on capacity and productivity. Identify root causes of problems and make recommendations for solutions.
- Managing the development of continuously-evolving capacity forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our member facing team and product performance
- Managing operational forecasting, providing knowledge and experience of resource planning across multiple teams & sites
- Owning Timely and insightful problem solving skills and intervention along with forward thinking, proactive approach to resource management
- Managing the operational leads in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance, and drive the weekly, monthly, quarterly and business review cadence
- Driving the optimization of internal fraud & AML systems through identification, monitoring and resolution of performance issues, gaps or opportunities.
- Designing, implementing and validating new rules or settings, in response to specific or emerging threats.
- Possess strong project management skills – the ability to prioritize and successfully drive a project from beginning to end
- Contributing to the wider data leadership community to develop common practices and OKRs for the team.
- Translating regulatory changes and policies into actionable rules and threshold tuning
- Working with the KYC Operations and engineering teams to suggest and deploy technology enhancements to support the delivery of enhanced reporting
- You will be working with SQL (Snowflake), dbt, Apache Airflow, Python/R, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your professional development with 20,000INR for L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have proven experience in leading operational or/and risk teams with the focus to improve operational excellence and use data decisions operational stakeholders make
- You have strong presentation skills and the ability to quickly turn data into valuable data stories
- You have a commercial mindset and demonstrated ability to articulate a value focused vision for analytics
- You have experience working on to measure and improve the performance of large operational teams that include Member support agents, kyc & ongoing monitoring analyst
- You have the ability to effectively form relationships from Operational team leads up to VP and C-level in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making.
- You have strong grounding in tracking tracking operational teams performance, resource planning and operational forecasting
- You have expert knowledge of common modelling techniques for identifying fraudulent payments
- You have expert knowledge of modelling and utilisation of core operational KPIs including CSAT, True positive rate & SLA’s
- You have Knowledge of AML, KYC & FATCA
- You have proven experience identifying and managing risk, putting in place necessary controls and processes
- You have Advanced knowledge of SQL and one of R/Python.
- Experience using Python for automation purposes.
- Strong financial crime knowledge across various typologies (AML, Sanctions, Transaction Monitoring, Anti-Bribery & Corruption
- Experience working with large operational teams (100+) across multiple countries.
- Experience working in financial services or another highly regulated sector
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.