Operations Manager – Payments
We’re looking for a data-driven Operations Manager, ideally with experience in Consulting, Operations, Finance, or Technology. In this role you’ll become a key member of Tide’s Payments Operations team, working with teams from across the company – including member support, financial crime, finance, tech, and product – as well as with our suppliers and Tide Members.
As an Operations Manager at Tide you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You will play a key role in Tide’s shaping of operations. Monitoring and reporting on the performance of existing processes and taking required actions where necessary
- Managing projects and programmes. Owning and delivering non-technical projects (spanning commercial and operational topics)
- Being the point of contact for our member support team
- Maintaining KPIs and SLAs, both internally and by partners to make sure the payments team is performing at the highest level
- Supporting Product Owners to manage cross functional technical projects
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street, London with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least three years of work experience working in finance, consulting, technology or operations
- You are competent with using SQL and Excel
- You are organised – can deliver complex projects spanning multiple work streams and functional areas
- You are responsible – we need to be able to trust you to own projects with minimal oversight, but to bring in help when needed
- You are proactive – you’ll need to enjoy the challenge of continuously improving processes and always be on the hunt for the next problem that needs to be fixed!
- You have to strong attention to detail – you need a sixth sense for when things don’t look right and the conviction to investigate whether it’s a larger problem!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English – you’ll be explaining the root causes of problems to management and working with providers to get to the bottom of problems
- You are resilient – you’re willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it’s solved
- You are customer-focused and a team player
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team and collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.