Operations Manager – Transaction Monitoring
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As an Operations Manager, you’ll be working closely with our Transaction monitoring (first line of defence) team, in order to deliver a responsive, efficient and reliable service to ensure we continue to scale at a rapid pace and meet our regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for a number of Tide’s critical workstreams in order to ensure they operate without disruption, monitoring, analysing and escalating when needed. You will be continuously looking for optimisations and will investigate production issues, and suggest workarounds. You will be working across streams such as transaction monitoring, card payment monitoring, sanctions screening, international payment and more!
You will report directly to the Head of Ongoing Monitoring and have full ownership and management of all Transaction Monitoring workstream headcount and workload forecasts. You will work closely with Tide’s technical and non-technical teams, analysing and excelling at solving problems to arrive at the right solution.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and managing all Transaction Monitoring workstream forecasts
- Owning and defining Tide’s SLAs within such workstreams and strategy for meeting these.
- Reporting the success and efficiency of each workstream to senior stakeholders
- Assessing opportunities for efficiency improvements and reducing false positives, working with tech and non-tech teams to implement these changes
- Analysis of large data sets in order to identify improvements within Financial Crime processes.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- You are an effective communicator with solid reporting skills to technical and non-technical team members
- You have managed the success of multiple work-streams previously.
- You have experience working with complex Financial Crime processes.
- You have a great analytical mind and attention to detail
- You can thrive as a generalist and wear many different hats concurrently
- You have a curious nature and an impeccable attention to detail
- You have worked in finance, consulting, technology or a regulated organisation.
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You are customer-focused and a team player
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid leave
- Additional Family friendly leaves
- Individual budget for training, seminars and team events
- Family Medical Insurance
- Life & Accidental Insurance
- Flexible working options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.